Monday, December 29, 2008

Gratitude

Day 31/Christmas Eve - I am grateful for safe travels to nearby family. I am grateful for my solo opportunity to attend the 10 pm worship service at our church. We got home from the Thompson's at 9:20. Mark went STRAIGHT to bed, I unloaded the kids to their cribs, and made it just in the nick of time. The hymns warmed my heart and quited my soul.

Day 32/Christmas Day - I am going to be trival, because of course it is Christmas which is all about the gift of Jesus! I am grateful for the tasty porterhouse steaks Brett made for Christmas dinner! Yup - I am thankful for red meat. Okay... I am really thankful the kids and I didn't get Mark's stomach flu too!!

Day 33/Friday - I am grateful Thomberg Family Pizza Night took a road trip! We headed to Pizza Luce' on Selby in St. Paul. Afterwards we took in the lights at Rice Park and watched the ice skaters at the outdoor rink. We even ran into my cousin Karin Holt who was ice skating with her boyfriend Martin!

Day 34/Saturday - I am grateful to see the Walter cousin's and kids at Aunt Carol's! More information in a separate upcoming post!

Day 35/Sunday - I am grateful for some time to sort through unused items and gather for Good Will or to Once Upon a Child (for cash!) and to make room for the new we are so very blessed to have. Our tiny home will implode upon us if I don't bring items out if I bring items in!

2 comments:

Mary in MN said...

Hi Andrea,

First of all, it sounds like you had a blessed Christmas! Secondly, Pizza Luce is one place we would love to go to.... we love pizza, too.

I just got a refund from sending in some Carter's clothes that had the tag that was recalled. Did you know about that? Look up http://www.commonsensewithmoney.com/2008/10/carters-refund-due-to-cpsc-advisory-on.html.

I sent in some onesies that I had in a drawer and got a refund for 19.40. Then I emailed my friend Becky to thank her for telling me about it, and she told me her refund was 189.00!! Then I went into the baby bins upstairs and dug around and found a ton more that I was going to save for another little one down the road (???). So I just sent some more off today in a prepaid envelope. Just thought I would let you know you could do that. Email Carter's and they will send you a prepaid envelope to send them back in.

Take care and have a blessed New Year Andrea!

Mary in MN said...

Actually, this is a different link that might work:

http://www.commonsensewithmoney.com/2008/10/carters-refund-due-to-cpsc-advisory-on/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails