Monday, December 8, 2008

Gratitude - Day 15 & 16

Saturday/Day 15 - This morning at the breakfast table, I was so very proud and thankful for my little Dean-er. Whenever we eat, the kids get their plates first. Then Mark and I get ours and sit down. At supper, we try and remember to pray. This morning at the table, Mark and I sat down and Dean looked at us and clasped his hands together to pray (with NO prompting - He prompted us!). Marly eventually folded her hands neatly too. She can even get her fingers intertwined.

I am grateful to raise my children with religion in their lives. I am grateful for the way my parents raised me, with a sound spiritual basis, and for the foundation religion provides me as an adult. For me ,this just happens to be Lutheran. It is my religious comfort zone, but surely I respect each individual for where they find their own religious center.

Sunday/Day 16 - I am thankful again for our Church community - Peace Lutheran in Coon Rapids. It is a good place for Mark and I, and a very good worship home for our family. I am always thankful for those parishioners with grown children who comment on our attendance, delight in remembering me pregnant or Marly and Dean attending in their long outgrown baby carriers. Dean practiced his praying skills again. Marly prefered to eat her cheerios over folding her hands.

1 comment:

Mary in MN said...

Hi Andrea,

Seamus is also praying with us and it is just the sweetest thing in the world. He loves putting his little chubby hands together, it's adorable!

Good for you guys getting involved with a church. It is so important, especially in our "me" focused culture, to get out there and think/pray to something bigger than ourselves! I can think of no other way of getting our children to think of others besides getting them in the habit every week of going to worship. Anyways, enough of my ramblings. Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails