Monday, December 15, 2008

Gratitude - Day 21

Day 21/Friday - Today I am thankful to the Cambridge W-M. W-M and Sam's across the land raise money for Children's Miracle Network. In 2007, Gillette received over $425,000 from our stores and clubs. One of my favorite locations to visit is the Cambridge W-M. I was there Friday morning and was presented with an additional check of $2000 from the Foundation for this locations volunteer service hours. While I was there, the associates held a bake sale auction for CMN. Two carts of cookies, cakes and breads made and donated by associates were sold to the associates. Most items were purchased for OVER $20 each. Not only do these WONDERFUL associates reach out to their customers for donations, but these W-M employees give very generously of their OWN funds too. They are an inspiration. YTD Cambidge W-M has raised over $14,600. This does NOT include Friday's bake sale!

In case you are curious, I purchased gingersnaps. I had $23 in cash... but the bidding went to $25. An associate had to borrow me the other two dollars! This holiday season I encourage everyone to think of others in need, especially in this tough economic time. Currently, I strive to have dollar bills in my wallet at all times. I never want to pass a Salvation Army bell ringer empty handed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails