Monday, December 1, 2008

Gratitude - Day 7 & 8 & 9

Day 7/Black Friday - I did not even leave the house this Friday. I did no shopping. Mark worked. I am grateful for a simple, ordinary day with my beautiful children, who make things extraordinary. We did take a little walk to the playground for some swing time.

Day 8/Saturday - I am grateful to Kelly's fiance Patrick. My cell phone was on the blitz. I am not eligible for a new free phone until March. Pat works at AT&T Wireless. Today he was able to hook me up with a phone EXACTLY like my old one, free of charge, which he had in the back. Thank goodness. I explained to Patrick I don't text, don't need a camera, don't need Internet - I just need a phone!

I am grateful for a leisurely weekend morning with my family. Mark was home from work by 8 am, and made us eggs for breakfast.... always the ultimate nutritious way to start a day. A favorite super food of mine. Most mornings I eat hard boiled eggs. Today - even better, they were fried with a pat of real butter and mine were over hard. Yes, its true - even fried eggs are VERY good for you!

Day 9/Sunday - Today I am very prickly to my husband. We are two married people who focus on our toddlers and the simple necessities of getting on in life, and less on our marriage. This is not unlike basically all other couples in the same situation. It is easy to point all frustrations to one's spouse. Heck - they are an easy target! Kelly came to baby sit so we could attend a matinee of "Don't Hug me Christmas Carol" (along with Brett and Rachel) upon the invitation of Dad and Chris. Due to some time out together as adults, I am generally contented by about 1o minutes into the play. Thank you Dad for a adult family outing and an interesting tapas meal afterward at Solera. I am grateful for the generous outings Dad and Chris plan and gather us together for as a family.

When we arrived back home via the the scenic route all the way down Central from downtown, the house was picked up and the kids were bathed and ready for bed! Thank you Kelly!

1 comment:

britta said...

I am enjoying your "gratitude" posts...I think all of us should stop more and be thankful! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails