Monday, December 22, 2008

Gratitude - Day 29

Day 29/Sunday - Today I am grateful for my Aunt Toots. She is my mom's only sister. She is pretty cool. She stopped in on her way from Dee's in Apple Valley headed home to Elk River. She came bearing wonderful gifts - turkey soup, cookies, home-made cider for adults, and even more!

Toots is a FABULOUS cook and baker. In full disclosure, I will tell you I am SHAMELESS. I e mailed her before Thanksgiving. I wondered if she might happen upon the turkey carcass, would she be making soup, and could I please have a jar??? Lucky, lucky me - I got an ice cream bucket of soup. I can't wait to have some. I shouldn't write this (and did leave out details) because now others are going to learn about how spoiled I am!!!

Toots - your the greatest! Thank you for being a blessing in my life! Please know you are a complete blessing even if there were no delicious treats.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails