Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dean is Picasso - Marly is his canvas

Last night my commute was extended due to the weather. When I finally arrived home around 6:40, the lower level was neat, cleaned up from supper, devoid of a floor full of toys.... and quiet. Upstairs I can hear Mark chatting to the kids. I climb the stairs and discover everyone in the bathroom. Dean is happily splashing in the tub. Marly is right along side of him. Mark is leaned over gently yet vigorously scrubbing at Marly's face. I can't help but laugh at what I see.....

I glance at the nursery - a complete wreck. While Mark was downstairs cleaning up (and I was inching along in my car), Marly and Dean were upstairs playing. Generally we consider their room a safe zone. Of course there is always that one thing you have overlooked. Dean found a blue permanent market in the top drawer of the changing table. Not sure where the marker even came from. You can imagine the results. As I enter the bathroom, Mark just smiles and says, "Sorry Honey, I forgot to take a picture for the blog. Minutes ago her face looked just like a Smurfs. I have made a lot of progress!" We traded spots. I continue to work on Marly's cheeks and forehead, then started in scrubbing Dean's little legs!

I am grateful both Mark and I found complete humor in the situation. I am UN-grateful I didn't run for the camera! You would then see the total humor too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails