Thursday, December 4, 2008

Gratitude - Day 10 & 11 & 12

Monday/Day 10 -Oh goodness, I haven't taken time to give thanks... hmmm. I am grateful as I return to work on Monday after a fun four day break that I have a decent job I enjoy at a amazing place that values and respects me and my family too! I am grateful my husband also has employment.

Tuesday/Day 11 - Today I am grateful BOTH Twinners slept completely through the night. Basically, one or the other or both wake most every night for whatever unknown reason. Marly wants a drink of water. Dean has separation anxiety or a bad dream or something. Truth is, it has been beginning to wear on me, especially when both kids cry at separate times through the night. Then I question our parenting skills. What am I doing wrong that they won't stay asleep? (They are in bed 90% of the time by 8 pm and have consistancy and routine.) This morning at 4:30 AM when Mark was getting ready for work, I sleepily realized I had gotten several SOLID hours of uninterrupted sleep. I am very grateful. I will be even more grateful if this continues.

Wednesday/Day 12 - Today I am grateful I tried to do a little at home work out this morning. In the past, I worked out at Curves at least 4 times a week. It was a very good thing for my emotional and physical health. While pregnant, I worked out until I could not, then started pregnancy yoga until the Twinners arrival. At exactly 6 weeks after their birth, I was back at Curves, not bothering to wait for a Dr's go ahead. Then I went back to work, and ALL work outs came to an abrupt hault. This morning I did 20-25 minutes of jumping jacks and general activities to raise my heart rate, some yoga stretches, some sit ups and pilates moves, and some weights. I REALLY want to try and keep this up. It's not much, but it is something.

This evening I am grateful for the lovely evening Mark and I had running a errand for our family. We ordered our family photos. After we had a OUTSTANDING burger at the House of Coates, a small restaurant/bar near the studio.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails