Thursday, December 18, 2008

Gratitude - Day 25 & 26

Day 24/Tuesday - I am thankful for the US Postal Service. Our Christmas cards are in the mail and headed toward many of you!

Day 25/Wednesday - I am thankful and grateful for my life of ABUNDANCE. On my way home Wednesday evening, I needed to make a work related stop at the Midway Walmart in St. Paul. As I was walking in, there was a mom and 11?? year old daughter walking toward me in the cold. They each had on a heavy hooded sweatshirt, but no coat, scarf or mittens. I quickly realized... they had NO coat. I have several winter coats in my closet. At the time, I was wearing a warm, fashionable wool scarf I had gotten as a gift around my neck. I have pink, red, cream scarves and more at home. My kids have three winter hats each....

Many 'tweeners now days have cell phones. It is deemed necessary due to the elaborate lives we lead. This eleven year old HAD NO COAT!

As I sit hear typing now... I think... Could I have at least given her my scarf or gloves? What more can I do to give back? What can you do?

1 comment:

britta said...

Love your Christmas card...it is in the pile with everyone else's pics! You will get my card sometime soon! Talk to you soon....

:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails