Tuesday, August 25, 2009

GRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting my second cousin Karin for a happy hour drink in St. Paul. Surely not a GRRRRRRRrrrrrrrr moment. It was wonderful to catch up with her, but it leads me to the GRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr moments of today.

Yesterday I was suppose to meet Karin at W.A Frosts on their beautiful patio. When I arrived, I parked a block and a half a way, and attempted to exit my car. The keys would NOT come out of the ignition. I tried turning the steering wheel, putting it back into drive, putting it back into park, turning the car off, and turning the car on. I got out the book that comes with the car. No luck. I leave my car and go to meet Karin. Karin's dad owns a Ford dealership... maybe she knows more about cars than I do. Hopefully I am just having a stupid moment. We walk back. She can't get the keys out. She actually has the SAME car that I do. She calls her boyfriend who works at another car dealership. He offers suggestions, but no luck. We resort to changing happy hour locations to a place where I can park my car, chat and see the car from the patio.

Fast forward to this morning. The electricity goes out due to the weather around 7 am. GGRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr. My hair is wet. I have no make up on. My bathroom is dark. I paruse my closet for an outfit that will not require ironing. (I typically iron my outfits before I wear them, not after I launder them). Before belting in the Twinners, I load my make up and curling iron in the car to get ready later. I neglect to grab any hair spray, etc.

I have no idea when the power will return while at work, or if it was out long enough that the food in my fridge has now perished. GRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Now I am calling to get to get the keys out of my car. The dealership indicates they will need the car for the day. GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Probably the steering column will need to be disassembled. Best case scenario, only $90. Worst case scenario... a lot more...

Of course the dealership service department is not do open on Saturday's. GRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr! Lucky me, an on site loaner is only $15.

In the mean time, Mark and I have traded cars. The car runs peachy, but Mark's lot at Caribou is a much safer place to leave your car locked with the keys inside then where I park.

GRRRRrrrrrrrrrr!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails