Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Rachel's Baby Shower

This past Sunday Chris and I hosted a baby shower for Rachel, at Dad and Chris's house. We had a lovely time!I ordered these invites from Tiny Prints, and used the colors as the theme for the shower.



I picked up a small photo album from Achievers, added baby stickers and the invite inside, and had guests write a memory of Brett or Rachel as a child, a wish or hope for the new family, or advice for the future parents. During the gift opening I read the cards aloud, then tucked them inside the album.

Of course we ate and drank...chicken salad and croissants from Costco; turkey cherry pasta salad; fresh fruit and dip; hummus and pita chips; pickles, olives, mints and nuts.

Mango OJ mimosas, cucumber water, fresh lemonade, and 'Bou coffee.

Our very special guest of honor - Mother-to-be Rachel


After lunch, I did my best on the traditional baby shower games. Here are Jan and Mikayla guessing the size of Ms. Rachel's blooming belly.

Of course there was an abundance of wonderful gifts for the babe!

Rachel with her mom.

Rachel's friend Emily logging the gifts.

We all had to check out the latest in baby gadgets.


One of my not-so-little babes!




More guests and more gifts.

My cousin Kris and Marissa!

For dessert we served filled cupcakes from my neighborhood bakery.


Perhaps you can tell I am VERY excited to be an Auntie!

Rachel and Brett - You are loved, and the babe is loved.

A very special thanks to Chris who hosted the shower with me and opened her home to us!

Thanks to those who travelled to attend!

Thanks to Michelle, Jan and Carol for helping with the clean-up!

Thanks to my Dad for helping with the prep work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Andrea for the wonderful shower! I had a great time! Thank you everyone who attended. Brett, Baby and I were overwhelmed with everyone's generosity.

Rachel

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails