Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pizza Party Shout Out

To those who know my Dad... We hope to see you at the Annual Pizza Party this Saturday! Many friends and family received a snail mail invitation some time back from my Dad, but inevitably... someone gets forgotten. (Tracy - married lady...are you out there? I bet you didn't get an invite!)

History of the Pizza Party - The Melberg Pizza Party inauguaral event took place when I was in the 8th?? grade. My cousins' Jared, Michelle, and Jason were in college at Fargo/Moorhead. My mom thought we needed a non-turkey gathering so we could see those 3 (and Michelle's then boyfriend/now husband) Chad... thus began the Pizza Party. It was pretty simple - pizza picked up in Hutch, maybe a leftover salad from Thanksgiving, pop, and paper plates.

As years went by, the Toren clan joined in, and any neighbors and friends too. After my mom died, this was an event my Dad felt he could/should still host and handle. The event moved the the cities when our house in the country was eventually sold... so here we are in 2008 with another pizza party just days away. The pizza party is an event I am thankful for. It has evolved with our changing lives.

You know, this may be the 20th annual. I was in the 8th grade in 1988...???

Anyway, I know I will see many of my blog readers (is that maybe 8 people if I am lucky! - j/k) and I am looking forward to it. For those of you who are traveling elsewhere for the holiday, I wish you a safe journey and return. If you want to attend, but need more details, just give me a holler.

2 comments:

britta said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! If I were coming down this weekend, I would say, "let's go!! but instead we are staying up here, with Prior Lake/Lonsdale family coming up here!

Anonymous said...

Mike, Laura, Wilson and her *infamous* Special K bars will be there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails