Monday, October 4, 2010

Renaissance Festival 2010

Sunday Dad and Chris took Marly, Dean and me to the Renaissance Festival on a picture perfect fall afternoon. Marly and Dean were dolled up in costumes courtesy of Nana Chris. They will also be playing the role of a Fairy Princess and King for Halloween.
After eating a cupcake right inside the entrance, we checked out two men fencing. (Fun Fact - while studying abroad in England at the Alnwick Castle, I took a class on the sport for a P.E. credit from an English woman named Margery. She also taught British history. She wore her VERY long hair in a braid wrapped around her head. She unwrapped her long braid to put on her fencing gear!)

Next we headed off to find more nourishment in the form of a giant turkey leg and a pork chop on a stick.
Here we are on a camel ride!

This might have been one of my favorite moments of the day. How often do you get to ride on a camel with your Dad and your children?

The Twinners went on to ride the ponies...


and butterflies...(while I got to sip on a belinni!)


Honestly, M&D were ALL smiles, ALL day long (and so was I).

The adventure was complete when Grandpa took the Twinner's back for an elephant ride before departing.

Seeing your Dad on an elephant with his precious grandkids - PRICELESS.
(Well... and my dad also paid for all the animal rides - But it was STILL priceless!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Again, so cute! I am now setting a bookmark to your blog...

MollyinMinn said...

This just makes me smile and smile.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails