Tuesday, October 26, 2010

God Bless the Kids in Haiti

Mark and I say prayers nightly with the kids. I lead the prayer.

We start with the modern version of "Now I lay me down to sleep". Death has been omitted these days.

Next I say, "God Bless Marly and Dean". At this point we cross their heads.

From here we move on to blessing family members, and those we know who are sick.

Then, prior to blessing the dear little friends in Marly and Dean's lives....I have been saying since the earthquake,
"God Bless the Kids in Haiti!"

I figure those kids still need our prayers, so I have continued even as the months have long passed since the initial natural disaster. Also, Dean alerts me if I omit them.

Last night I changed it up a bit. I said,
"God bless the kids in Haiti, especially those with cholera."

When we were all done, Marly said to me,
"Mommy, who is Ka-lee-ah girl in Haiti????"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails