Monday, October 18, 2010

Behind the scenes at the Guthrie!

Last Monday, my dear friend Jenny posted this on Facebook -

"Jennifer Betlach Lyons -its my lucky day! Found out this morning that I won 2 tickets from KARE 11 to see Master Butcher Singing Club at the Guthrie on Wed night! That's one of my favorite books, so I'm SUPER excited! We even have 2 VIP passes to go back stage after the show for a reception with the cast!"

Later that day I noticed Jenny had left me a VM. Could it be???? Could she be calling to ask if I could join her. YES!

Tuesday was Jenny's birthday, and Wednesday I got in on quite the celebration! We met for dinner at Brenda Langston's Spoonriver across the street from the Guthrie, then headed in to the show. The Master Butcher's Singing Club was a book club selection for Jenny and I several years back. We both thoroughly enjoyed the production! At the intimate post-reception with the cast, we nibbled cheese, sipped wine, and got to chat with the whole crew. There were 4 other pairs who had also won tickets with KARE 11. Evidently, Jenny and I were the most enamored though. We were busy talking...later looked around, and realized we were the only guests left. When we departed the theater, we walked out with the cast!

THANKS for a FANTASTIC night Jenny and Happy 35th Birthday to you!

1 comment:

Jen Lyons said...

I'm happy that you were available to come with me! What a treat to have such a fun girl's night out the day after my birthday. Let's get a trip to Birchbark Books on the calendar soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails