Thursday, September 16, 2010

Swimming Lessons and more

Monday the kids attended their first swimming lesson. We signed them up at the YMCA and are excited for the 5 weeks left! The first session was great. The kids were chomping at the bit to get in the pool. I kept telling them they had to stay OUT of the water until the instructor was ready and lessons were scheduled to start, since we were early. Their toes kept inching towards the water.

The Twinners spent quite a bit of time in water this past summer, so they were ready to go!

Floating...


This past Sunday, Marly and Dean also went to Sunday School for the first time. I signed up to be a teacher too, because I sort of felt like that is what you are suppose to do when you bring your kids. (Okay, that is what my mom did! Oh... and the head of Children's Ministry ASKED me, and said they didn't have enough teachers...). I am helping with 1st Grade, and it should be interesting. Mark reminded me I am not someone who enjoys large groups of other people's children! (Oh, and crafts are NOT my foray!)

As for Marly and Dean, Mark stayed with them last week. Things were rather chaotic for the first Sunday. It remains to be seen how Sunday School will transpire (for all three of us, actually). Marly and Dean's class has over 20 preschoolers in it, and last week they were actually short chairs! The teachers did provide a bio about themselves for the parents of the class. Thank heavens they are actually trained pre-school teachers, and have more experience then said S.S. teacher/blog author!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails