Thursday, March 18, 2010

Go Lady 'Stangs

I graduated from BL-H High School (Buffalo Lake-Hector for those of you who don't know your small town acronyms) about 17 years ago. Today this Home Town girl is cheering on her Home Town team!

The BL-H Girls Basketball team is playing at state TODAY, and I am mentally cheering them on.

I am sure you could guess I did NOT play sports in high school. (I was speech and drama geek myself.). I will also alert you the Mustangs did not generally excel in most any team sport. My entire high school career, the football team did NOT win a single game. The one notable sport in my time was volleyball. We did go to to state several years. I remember our family staying at a Days Inn in Bloomington to attend the games. Back then, it was a BIG DEAL.

I am sure it is a BIG DEAL today too! I AM EXCITED, and I DON'T LIVE THERE anymore!

My Dad is over at William's Arena right now watching the game. He called me at 10 pm last night to alert me, just in case I could come over. He also alerted me buses were chartered from Hector. Well of course! That's what you do in a small town!

My cousin Michelle's daughter (Mikayla) plays on the B-squad. She is quite young for B-squad! My cousin's husband (Mikayla's dad) helps coach B-squad.

Go Lady Mustang's!!!

*The photo above is our actual mascot. I grabbed it from our school district's web site. Pretty classy don't you think???!!! When our two small town schools combined when I was in the 6th and 7th grade, I think there might have been quite a debate about the mascot. The mighty Mustang won out, and s/he looks the same to this day...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is wierd how proud you can still be! I was sooo excited for them! I love being from a small town. My mom said all the businesses in town had signs and someone made big signs as you come into town. She said they took 9 fan busses to the game today! Wow!! I listened to them on the radio. They played a good game, but unfortunately our state tournament run is over. Still VERY exciting considering we have NEVER been known for our outstanding basketball talents! Way to go girls!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails