Friday, January 16, 2009

Freezing temps, French Fries, and a Friend

Yesterday, despite the bitter cold, I decided to keep my work appoints to visit my Litchfield and Hutchinson Walmart's.

I was responsible and prepared for my long distance travels. My gas tank was full, my cell phone charged, I wore boots and layers, my emergency clothes were in the car, and I put my Grandpa Elna quilt in the back seat for good measure. As I passed through small towns on Highway 12, bank clocks alerted and reminded me it was a dangerous 22 degrees below zero. In the frigid temps, the most difficult part of the journey was getting out of the metro area. After that it was smooth sailing.

Both of my Walmart visits went well. Honestly, due to the cold, the stores were very quiet and I got the full attention of the staff or manager. I also knew there was a personal reward when I completed my visits. I had e mailed my dear friend Cindy about my schedule the day before. It timed out perfectly for us to meet at Apple Bee's in Hutch for lunch. I treated myself to hot french fries, and got to eat them with a great friend while sharing wonderful conversation. Even on the coldest of Minnesota days, their are warm hearts!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails