Monday, January 5, 2009

Final Day of Gratidude - Day 40

Day 40 - Today is the final day/post of my 40 day long Gratitude Groove. Today I am grateful to be humbled by the experience. Today I am reminded I have so very many blessings in my life. Today I am reminded that like all of us, I long for more... when I actually have all that I need. This is tough to swallow, when in our society we want, want, want. I want a larger house. I often want to shop. I want to eat and drink here or there. I want to buy this or that for someone else. I want, I want.... But today, I am grateful for the Gratitude Groove experience. Although I continue to want, I have learned about how much I truly have. In this economy, I realize I have more then I actually need. I find joy in so many of the things I have, and I am blessed.

BECAUSE I HAVE ENJOYED THE "GRATITUDE GROOVE" YOU WILL CONTINUE TO SEE THIS THEME REFLECTED IN POSTs TO COME. I suppose I have actually created a new habit... and now I can't stop, which was the whole point of doing it for 40 days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right about the WANT factor. We all feel that way and it makes me feel ashamed about myself.

I have enjoyed your Graditude Groove.

I am grateful we can spend a week with the twins.

Love Cindy

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog and the Gratitude Groove was awesome. I (as I'm sure most people can) can relate to the constantly wanting more. I know I am VERY blessed! Thanks for sharing so much of your life, it is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely right about the wants....we need to be grateful for what we have. It's SO easy to get distracted by what we don't have versus enjoying what we do have.

I am grateful to have a wonderful, thoughtful friend like you in my life!

Love ya,

Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails