Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

This post feels rather uninspiring to me already, as it is nothing more then an overview of our weekend...but here it goes.

Saturday morning Mark worked and M&D and I headed to Maple Grove for a few errands. We stopped at Creative Kidstuff to get a b-day gift for Miss Piper. We were having so much fun, we picked up something for the birthday party we have next Sunday too. I LOVE Creative Kidstuff. Their toys are unique, lasting and not the usual plastic stuff from Target. The owners spend a lot of time testing the products they carry, and they have the cutest wrapping for a Buck. Can't go wrong. Plus... the employees played with M&D and helped me get out the door. They are so skilled at their trade, there was not a single scream from M or D when the toys they were 'testing' were magically removed and they were shuttled creatively toward the car. Next we headed to Byerly's, as Mark wanted to bring Miss Piper a cake for our visit. M&D cruised around the quiet store in the cool car cart with two steering wheels and had a lot of fun. If only I could do all my shopping at Byerly's while indulging in a Caribou Coffee!

Anyway, Saturday afternoon we headed to Gretch and Dan's and had our usual fun time at the H-we's. P and M have a super cool new playground set, and of course we took a cruise around in the golf cart too. As we have grown to expect, Gretch placed a delicious meal in front of us after the kids were tucked into their beds and sound asleep. She made home made tomato bisque soup and gourmet grilled cheese - simple and perfect. We dined on a candle lit picnic table and enjoyed the bright country stars afterward.

Sunday we headed to Mark's parents for supper. Monday for supper we hung out at Grandpa David's and Nana Chris's with Brett and Rachel. Somewhere in there on Monday, Mark worked and I enjoyed a great lunch at Salut with my girlfriend Jesse. I made Jess sweat it out on their outdoor patio so I could soak up the last of summer.

I think we had a positive mix of friends and family and a generally nice weekend. Now if only I could play hookie on Tuesday and extend the weekend farther....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh... at least it rained today. Really feels like summer is over now.

It it was 80 and sunny I would be even more crazy without the kids.

Cindy

Jamie said...

I just had to come say hello, after stumbling on your blog from other fellow twin mommies. I too am a Minnesota mommy. I was born and raise here, and from the sounds of your post, we may not actually live too far apart. My family and I live in Brooklyn Center!!!

Either way, I just wanted to stop by and say hello to a fellow MN twin mommy!

Jamie
Mommy to:
Dallas-5-4-01
Gabriel-7-8-02
Kaleb and Kendyl-7-13-05

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails