Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Wilson!

Mark and I had what is a typical weekend for us, I suppose. The Lyon's joined us for Thomberg Family Pizza Night on Friday. Saturday Mark worked, but in the evening we actually had a date night! Holy Cow! We went out to eat with our friend's John and Doris. I am sure they thought we had fallen off the face of the earth, since we have not seen them for months and they have extended many kid friendly invitations to us. Next year we hope to be back on board and go camping with them again!

Sunday Mark worked and M&D and I headed home for Wilson Melberg's first birthday party. Wilson is hidden behind Saxton Melberg on his mommy's lap in this photos of the kids opening gifts.

Wilson with Grandma Jan and Grandpa Sheldon.

After the party, we stopped at Cindy and Mike Koenig's! We LOVE stopping at their house. I always fear getting the kids back in the car, because the Koenig's have cool toys, and great yard, a dog, plenty of balls to play with, and super cool kids. Here is Marly with Katelyn.

Cindy and I are each others oldest friend. I was delighted to visit, but quite bummed because I wanted to spend a whole afternoon playing...and I can't seem to find the time. For my drive home, Cindy made me a CD with 'New Kids on the Block' music to remind me of our younger years. She also included the new Kid Rock song I love. Somehow the song just represents my younger years... although I was much more innocient, and was not sipping whiskey with a guy. I was probably drinking something else, but it was just with my cousins. We did listen to Sweet Home Alabama and Steve Miller too, perhaps while water skiing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails