Friday, June 27, 2008

Shhhh!

One of the many simple pleasures of parenting comes from watching our children sleep. Before I go to bed myself, I gingerly turn their door knob, slide the door open, and quietly slip inside their dark nursery which is perfectly decorated and elaborately painted by Daddy (well, and HHB) just for them. I stand between their white cribs and peer down at their innocent little bodies. I touch my finger to their soft cheeks and hands. I listen to them breath in and out. I stand still and time stands still if only for a moment. I am so moved by emotion, I nearly cry....

For those of you with grown children - think back to these moments! Today Marly & Dean are nearly 16 months old. For the first 4 months of their life, they slept in the same crib, tightly swaddled and placed as close together as possible. Time did not stand still...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dangerous activity! The last time I took a picture of Wilson asleep he woke up!

So cute,
Laura

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails