Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Baby Shower for Jenny!



Last Sunday, I had the pleasure of hosting a baby shower for Jenny Lyons. It was a lovely afternoon and an honor to plan something special for her. Jenny arrived glowing in the most darling maternity dress. She had on sassy sunglasses and reminded me of the stylish pregnant Charlotte in Sex in the City.

Everyone knows I love weddings. The same is true of pregnancy. I LOVED being pregnant. I LOVED the way it felt. I LOVED my belly. I LOVED my maternity clothes. I LOVED heading to the Dr and the prenatal monitoring. I currently love watching my friend Jenny in her pregnancy and listening to her excitement, apprehensions, and feelings about the amazing process and future arrival.

My favorite part to the shower was the two littlest ladies in attendance - P H-we and Audrey Chaussee (both nealry 3). They were dolled up in pretty spring dresses and were very well behaved. The were perfectly mannered as they ate their sorbet dessert outside on the patio table, and appeared and sounded as if they were having quite a chat with each other.

Anyway, I wish Jenny all the best as she grows and approaches her July 4th due date. Jenny - Hey... if you need a gal pal for support in labor, you give me a call honey! I would love to see this whole birth thing (since I just saw a blue sheet and these babies appearing above it)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea truly is the hostess with the mostess! She had beautifully decorated their townhome in baby shower fashion complete with pacifiers tied with bows hanging from the ceiling.

Thanks so much for hosting such a wonderful day for me and Baby Lyons. I enjoyed everything, and I know Baby enjoyed the food as I wasn't even hungry for dinner later that day!

Oh - the jury is still out on additional help in the delivery room. Since we're both so new at this, Jeremy and I just have no idea what to do. Read up on labor & delivery stuff 'cause you just might be getting a call as we're on our way to the hospital! :-)

Love ya,

Jen

britta said...

You were so cute when you were pregnant...well you are still cute, but that belly of yours...! :-)
Hope your summer is going well...wish I could see you soon, but I suppose it is good that I am not seeing you, because that means I am at Gillette for something!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails