Monday, June 9, 2008

Kelsey's Graduation Party



Last Saturday, we attended Kelsey Collins high school graduation party. It was fun to see so many Toren relatives - Toots; Kris & Marissa; Gary & Karen; Dawn & Ross; Chris, Addie & Maggie; Dick & Deanna; Rick, Ann & Mike; and etc.

I remember when Kelsey was born. I was 15 perhaps, and came to stay with Dee & Scott at their apartment in Minnetonka. I cannot imagine I was really any help to Dee at the time, but I did get invited back when Taylor was born. At age 23, when I moved back to MN from Madison, WI, Dee, Scott & the girls kindly let me live with them for a summer until I found my apartment in St. Paul. To this day, I am grateful. I have no idea if I was a good roommate. I didn't pay rent for goodness sake, and I ate their food! I do remember of Kelsey and Taylor, one loved popcorn as their nightly snack, and the other ice cream. I do NOT recall which wanted which. I preferred popcorn. I truly relish the time I spent with them and will cherish it always.

Anyway, the afternoon was too short when life moves fast and seeing extended family is a rarity. We departed at 5:15 PM. I would have loved to stay longer, but my kids were soon to reach the meltdown point.... plus Mark was exhausted from chasing after Marly and Dean while trying to provide me with time to chat with my relatives.

Photo is of Taylor Collins, Marissa Naab, and the Thomberg's.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails