Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Party in the CRIB - 8:30 sharp!

Marly and Dean go to bed around 7:30-7:45 PM. Their routine is lackluster. We play and start stripping them down after 7 PM, then wrestle them into fresh diapers and coordinating PJ's. Bath night every other. Some nights, a little "Good Night Moon." Every night, I carry them up stairs, deposit them in their cribs, draw the shades, turn on the sleep sheep, give each one last hug and kiss, and shut the door. That's that.

Last night I hear noises at 8:30. Is that crying???? I go upstairs to investigate. From outside the door I hear motion and giddy squeals. I want to bust in and see what is going on. Mark urges me not to, but wishes we had a video camera on them. I can't stand it anymore... I open the door. It's a party in there. They are both standing facing each other. They turn to me and grin with delight. They beckon to me, "Come join the fun Mommy!" Dean simultaneously shakes the bars of his crib and his head wildly, while bobbing up of down. Marly is giggling, boogy-ing her little butt, and waving her arms about. Dean has launched Oscar and Mrs. Oscar from the crib. Marly is more conservative. She has saved her favorite crocheted blankets safely inside the crib.

They keep reaching across to each other trying to touch hands. Just a few more inches....almost....More grinning. Happy, happy times.

Go to bed children!!!! This is NOT party time! (Even if it is deliciously adorable and just too precious.)


scroll down for another new post

1 comment:

britta said...

Wow cutest story ever! Some people that i babysit for, had one of those fancy schmancy baby video moitors when their kids were babes, and I loved it! You could see and hear everything, without going into the room! I want one when I have kids...many, many years from now!
Britta

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails