Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Get in line - Tubes for Marly

Yesterday, Mark, Marly and I reported to Mercy Hospital at 6:15 AM for Marly's appointment to get tubes in her ears. It was a generally uneventful experience, as we had hoped. After scheduling the appointment but before the procedure, I looked at holistic treatment options. I researched chiropractic care, homeopathic options, pro-biotics, and possible allergies to dairy or wheat. My pediatrician said I would most likely be wasting my money on a chiropractor for chronic ear problems. Dr. Nana Chris urged me away from chiropractor care. I found homeopathic options to ease the pain caused by ear infections, but nothing that would actually make the fluid drain from her ears. I decided she was too young for pro-biotic supplements, which could reduce infections, but wouldn't remove the fluid either. Finally, the little dear had ear problems while breast feeding, and she LOVES her whole milk organic yogurt (plus it has those great pro-biotics naturally)... so I gave up on the idea of removing dairy from her diet.

So anyway, we got in line with the 5 other kids that day, and got the tubes on Tuesday. It was quick and we were in and out. I think she may already hear better. The most exciting thing about the day was meeting the anesthesiologist. Mark and I recognized his soothing voice when he spoke to us. He was the same anesthesiologist who had attended to me at Marly and Dean's cesarean delivery (which was also painless)!

2 comments:

britta said...

Yeah for everything going smoothly! Talk to you soon.... :-)

MollyinMinn said...

yeah! you know i am a big fan of tubes at the right time, for the right kids. here's to Marly and her new ears!

molly

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails