Monday, November 14, 2011

My Life

What have I been up to???
Everything and Nothing!!!

I am like that.
We Thomberg's are like that.
We go to work. We go to school. We play. We work at home. We spend time with each other. We spend time with friends. We spend time with family.

I do the laundry. I sweep the floor. We have friends to dinner from a filled crock pot. We go to church. We take a nap. We spent time in the yard. We chat with our neighbors. The kitchen floor is always dirty, except when we have friends to dinner.

We eat supper at our table after work every night. We eat healthy food. We eat crappy food that is fast and easy. We like McDonald's. We have fresh fruit on hand. We eat whole grain bread. We play games on the floor. We watch TV. I watch Revenge on Wednesday. We don't get the kids to bed on time. I should read more to the kids. We sometimes neglect to brush the kids' teeth. We take them to the dentist every 6 months. I will take the kids to get their flu mist today. I get behind on the laundry. The clean laundry piles up on the counter in the family room in the basement. We have never run out of clean underwear. I need to vacuum more. I should clean out every closet.

We get the mail. I like the Crate and Barrel catalog. I like the Pottery Barn catalog. I never send birthday cards anymore. I neglect to send a formal thank you for so many things I should. I forget to buy gifts in a timely manner. We got our family pictures taken for Christmas cards. I will buy stamps for the cards. I blog.....

I got pampered by Chris this past Saturday.

I forget things. We miss things. I NEED my SmartPhone. I do not know Mark's cell phone number by heart. I put Cindy's 31 Party on the WRONG day in my calendar. I am sad about this. I remember Cindy's home phone number from our childhood (I think?!?).

I do special things for others off-handedly. I do not plan well. I brought a latte to the day care director when it was Buy one Get one at Caribou. I hope to stop at Daycare Cindy's (our former provider) and bring her some coffee beans later today. I call friends I miss at the spur of the moment and meet them less then 20 minutes later for the best unexpected time together.

I leave Voice Mails for people I love. I still don't send a card with a stamp.

I am not perfect. I don't try to be. I am a good person.
I love.
I am loved.

2 comments:

The Koenig Family said...

LOVE all things about my dear.

britta said...

I like this post! I love our friendship! I wish we saw each other more often!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails