Sunday, November 21, 2010

Back to Work!

I went back to work on Wednesday. It was a good thing too. Any longer at home and I would have hoped to never return to the career force, and might have actually taken up baking for/with my kids! I enjoyed my time off immensely.

On my first day on my new job, I actually needed to leave early to attend the going away happy hour with Gillette employees. While there, my friend Jenny asked about my "to do" list from the earlier post. At the time I felt somewhat accomplished. When I went back to the list... well... 1/2 and 1/2 is more like it.

- I was up and down and all around just putting things back together. You know, spackling up and painting nail holes. Adding wood glue to this and that. Hanging up a picture or two. Replacing things broken far too long.

- I did make a meager attempt at sanding a Craig's List dresser collecting dust in our garage. I quickly decided it was a candidate for white paint, and for use in the kids' room. Then, I discovered one drawer appear to be missing somewhere in the garage. I did purchase an electric sander, but the project is shoved to the side in the garage again, to collect more dust.

- I did spend time with friends.

- I did get the Ikea shelf. It is hung neatly in the living room and has various pumpkins on it for Thanksgiving!

- I did enjoy my kids. We made a trip to the library.

- I did stay mostly close to home.

- We did have little Viv (and mom Jenny) for a play date.

- There is a patch of sample paint on two walls of our bedroom. Place your bets now on how long before we actaully paint. I am going to aim for New Year's....

Now it is Sunday, and back to work again Monday. I am excited about my new job. The first three days have me just sufficiently overwhelmed. You know - the just right amount where you know you have a lot to learn, but hopefully have the skills to do it.

So, after an icy home bound Sunday, tomorrow morning (after dropping off the kids) you will find me at Caribou (1/2 way into my SHORT commute), ordering a 1/2 caf latte with the fantastic gift card my former co-worker sent me away with, and ready to start a new day!

Catch you all later!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails