Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Birthweek Flashback!

It's birthweek for Marly and Dean. In 2007, a week prior to the Twinner's birth, Dr. E scheduled their C-Section at what became my last pre-natal visit. He said, "How about next Tuesday?" Mark and I looked at each other and said, "Sure." His response was, "You can negotiate if you want to..." I didn't understand at the time he was indicating I may be very uncomfortable and un-wanting to wait another week. I measured 44 inches, weighed 167 pounds (starting at 131) and was short of breath all the time. My blood pressure was creeping up more and more, and had been for quite some time. I wanted the Twinner's birthday to be in March, so I was disappointed I would be a few days shy of 38 weeks. Dr. E was not scheduled in the hospital on Thursday, March 1, (exactly 38 weeks) so we settled for Tuesday.

In the week that followed, we all went to Ruth Chris for Rachel's birthday. (Protein for the babies!). My shirt only sort of covered my belly. I couldn't make it to the brunch for Chris's birthday. Mark was working and I was too unsure of my balance, movement, and driving to go alone. We did attend church on Sunday. It was a small crowd, as a snowstorm hit that weekend. It was moving for us to be able to worship and thank God for our gifts before the babies arrival.... plus I was missing my own mom.

Two years ago, on Monday, February 26th Mark and I went out for our "Last Supper." We wanted to go to our favorite little restaurant in NE Minneapolis called POPS! but they are closed on Monday's. I was tired and didn't want to travel far, so we settled for the Olive Garden by the Northtown Mall. When we returned home, I was to call into the hospital for instructions and an overview of what would happen the next day.

On Tuesday, February 27th, 2007 Mark and I left for Mercy Hospital in Coon Rapids just after 5 AM. We arrived at the hospital almost on schedule at 5:35. At the desk, the nurses took one look at me and said, "Well you must be our twins for this morning." We checked in and began the paperwork and process. Everything went like clockwork. Dr. E arrived around 6:45 am. He checked my blood pressure and said, "I knew I picked the RIGHT day!" I walked to the OR delivery room around 7:15 am. Mark was brought in a short time later... and the rest is history. Just as I was told, both Marly and Dean were a part of our outside world just minutes before 8 AM.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any big celebrations planned for the twins. They look so much older than last year.

I never saw a pictures of you at 9 months.

I love how happy you looked.

Happy Birthday Week and lots of fun.

Love the Koenig Family

Unknown said...

It is so cool to read about your birth story of the twins...you look amazing at 38 weeks (almost :)) with twins! Happy Birthday to Marly and Dean, and congratulations to you and Mark, they look like happy, wonderful children! It is so hard to believe they are 2!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails