Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Birthweek!

Historically, I like to celebrate a "birth week" for my birthday. I enjoy planning a week of activities to commemorate my special day. Nothing over the top, just various activities with friends and family. Over the years, this has meant many different things or activities matching my given age. Prior to Marly and Dean, the "kick off" was a Sunday family brunch. For several years, my Dad treated us to Chez Collette, a favorite pick of mine. My 30th birthday included a wonderful party with many family and friends. Last year (my 33rd), the family brunch was at Jax Cafe, but was post -birthday, and of course included Marly and Dean. On my 32nd - I waddled into Lucia's in Uptown.

This year I have decided I am too busy. The KS95 for Kids fundraiser is this Thursday, Friday and Saturday, so... I have decided to stay 33! 33 is nice. 33 suits me well. 33 feels good. 33 is comfortable. I feel I should just stick with it!

The photo is me at 33. It was taken before the delicious lamb chop dinner Mark cooked for my Valentine birthday last year. Gretchen and Dan joined us for our special meal.

(Okay, in all actuality...I see a heart shaped pizza in my future Friday night for Thomberg Family Pizza. And I will see my family for a dinner instead of a brunch on Sunday...And I suppose 34 will come whether I celebrate a "birth week, " birthday, or not at all!)

2 comments:

britta said...

So which day is your birthday....?!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Andrea!! I still remember how we were all worried about the weather the week you were born! One of the biggest blizzards in my memory!

Joey

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails