Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend recap of reunions

This weekend I had the opportunity it catch up with several college friends from various circles. On Friday evening and Saturday morning, Jenny Lyons and I hung out with our friend Molly Dellwo. Molly (and Jenny) and I studied abroad together in England. We lived up 120 steps in Upper Diana at the Alnwick Castle. It is best not to start on memories, as I could lose pages of text to this period of my life. Molly supervises corporate travel programs for Carlson and has spent the last seven years on the road and traveling the world. She was in town this past weekend and had pizza with the Lyon's & Thomberg Families on Friday night, spent the night at Jenny's, then on Saturday I met the two of them for a delicious brunch at the Clicquot Club Cafe in Minneapolis.

Sunday I enjoyed seeing several women from my sorority at SCSU - Delta Zeta. Marly and I attended a baby shower for Angela (Clement) Reda. I was delighted to spend a bit of time with our friend Holly, and see Amy, Melissa, Trista and Deanna. Angie and I lived together in the DZ house on the corner or 6th and 6th...or was it 7th and 7th. To mention a single favorite memory, it would be battling bats one summer in our basement/cave apartment at the sorority house!

Anyway, somewhere between the reunions, Mark and I had "date night." We saw the Dutchess at the Roseville theater. Although our evening was anti-climactic, on the rare occasion I go out alone with my husband, I surely attempt to savor the time, and not just talk about parenting!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails