Wednesday, April 23, 2008

No... They're TWINS

As the parents of twins, in the first year of their life I basked in the glow of attention from complete strangers who wanted to see my TWO infants. I was warned/alerted by twin parents this would occur. A double stroller with two carriers is a magnet for people to come and talk to you, and share their own twin story. I am very proud of my two little ones, so it didn't bother me at all. I enjoyed showing off Marly and Dean, and happy to share about my pregnancy. I let anyone see them and typically pulled back the Bundlers to give a better look. I will admit, Mark and I did get annoyed by strangers asking if they were identical. Well, No... We have a BOY and a GIRL (dressed in color appropriate coordinating outfits).

Marly and Dean are now more than a year old. Dean has more "big boy hair" then Marly. Dean is two inches taller (typical for a boy) then Marly. Dean walks, while Marly does not. Lately, the comments Mark and I have been receiving from strangers are a bit more irritating.

"My........ Your kids are close together in age!"

or

"W0w.....those two could almost be twins!"

Last night, our family was out for a walk. Several adults were enjoying the fine spring evening with a beer on their deck as we strolled by. A gentleman saw us and commented,

"Holy Cow!... talk about BACK TO BACK babies. That must be a handful!"

Seriously folks, do I look like a baby making MACHINE??? Yes -- my babies are back to back, with an age difference of less then two minutes.

I have decided the next time I get a similar comment, I am going to tell them I am expecting again and can't wait for another baby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, let me tell you there is nothing more irritating than some one commenting on ones kids size or age. Kalvin is big for his age and we have been hearing it from many. He is very tall for his age.

Dean and Marly are perfect and it is too bad people can not just say what a blessing.

Love Cindy

britta said...

Ha ha i love your humor! You baby machine maker, you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails