Thursday, April 3, 2008

Rachel's Belated Birthday Dinner


Some time back my Dad and Chris started taking us to dinner some place special for our birthday's. Each of us gets to pick where we want to dine for the occasion. Unfortunately, we all have busy calendars... so the dinner may not exactly land near our actual special day. Just last night we were out for Rachel's February birthday. We went to 'Fogo de Chao' in downtown Minneapolis, which is Brazilian. The waiters come around with giant skewers of meat. There are 15 different meats to choose from in variations of beef, chicken, sausage, pork and lamb. It was delicious.... but both Mark and I decided we have NO desire to eat any meat today. Maybe not tomorrow either.

Anyway, as I was sitting at dinner watching my family, I was feeling very grateful for this tradition we have created. You see, this tradition is a "post-mom" tradition. I know gathering at a restaurant may not seem like any big deal, but for me... it is and I am glad.

Funny thing about these dinners... I always try to sit next to Brett. As my brother, I can eat off his plate or drink his beverage without asking (old tradition). Mark always gets peeved if I do this to him! He thinks it is gross. Also, I am so appreciative to Dad and Chris for kindly letting us choose very fun/special restuarants for our events!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails