- Friday before Christmas, Mark and I attended Handel's Messiah at Central Lutheran following a delicious dinner out at Cafe Maude on Loring Park.
- Saturday we took the kids to Madeline's Christmas at Stage's Theater in Hopkins.
- Sunday we went to church. That evening we spent time at Brett and Rachel's with Dad, Chris, and Chris's son Eric. We dined on porterhouse steaks and cheesy potatoes. We unwrapped boundless gifts, and had creme brulee for dessert.
- The kids and I stayed overnight and spent time on the ice and sledded down the hill over and over and over on Christmas Eve Day.
- Mark returned from work, we set out for Hector, and arrived at First Lutheran with about 15 seconds to spare before the start of the candlelight service. The sanctuary was filled to the brim with country friends and relatives.
- We got to meet cousin Jared's lovely fiance Lori and her son Jason.
- We ate delicious ham balls and so much more at Auntie Jan and Sheldon's. Santa came for a visit and "sugar plums" truly danced in the eyes of Marly, Dean and Cousin Wilson. We even played BINGO before chills shook through me, and we needed to drive back to suburbia.
- Christmas morning the kids actually slept in before diving in to gifts from Santa, and mom and dad. We ate a sweet and fattening french toast bake and noshed through out the day. I took a nap (after sweating out a fever) before we set out to a matinee of "The Rise of the Guardians". We came home for a fire downstairs. Dean and Marly were delighted Santa brought them each a fishing pole. Marly got the coat she wanted for Emma the doll. Dean got his remote control car.
- Since then, we have played board games, watched movies, and the kids have spent hours playing with each other, and new toys. Mark has been here and there and in and out for work. The kids and I have been content leaving the house as little as possible, wearing Hello Kitty or Angry Bird PJ's until mid afternoon.
- I visited the clinic Wednesday afternoon and felt lucky to get what seemed like the only Allina appointment left in the North Metro. I got a shot in the butt for Strep Throat. I have taken many naps along with regular doses of Tylenol and Advil for the Strep Throat.
- I bucked up and we made a trip to the neighborhood sledding hill at Jewel Park yesterday after lunch. The third run down, Dean insisting on aiming for the "bump/jump". His face bears the not so pretty results. Tears ensued. Someone really wanted their DADDY, and we headed home.
- The kids visited the clinic Thursday at 6 pm, when Dr. W kindly squeezed the Twinner's in at the end of the day. We got amoxicillian for their nagging cough, the long awaited flu shot, and left with instructions on how to prevent any scarring for Dean's model face (the Dr's words...not mine).
I am feeling mostly better.
I suspect there are a few games of bowling in The Thomberg Family future this afternoon.
Sunday we will have Mark's family for a beautiful holiday gathering.
instructions on how to prevent any scarring for Dean's model face.
Monday we will be geared up and ready for guests for a NEW YEAR'S EVE party, ready to ring in another wonderful new year.