Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Happy Anniversary Baby!

Yesterday Mark and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. At 7:40 AM our gift arrived - The dumpster to replace our leaking roof! Mark tells me regularly I am the most UN-romantic woman he knows. I was ecstatic!
The big celebration continued in the evening. We treated the family to dinner at Maverick's near our home. The romance theme was paired with $1 Taco Tuesday night!

Back at home, I popped open a celebratory bottle of the 'Diamond' sparkling wine from the Crystal Ball. (That's kinda romantic, right? I used our Lismore wedding toasting flutes!)


Finally, (per Mark's birthday request for today) I whipped up a poppy seed cake. I got a little impatient, and tried to flip it from the pans too soon. Mark was not too thrilled with the outcome. (In fact he pointed to the camera laying nearby from the champagne snapshot, and said, "You better be put that thing on the BLOG!") I swear, I did NOT drink too much champagne!


Once I pieced it back together and finished frosting it, it looked okay. Marly and Dean helped me with the cake batter before bed. I promised them a slice for a special b-day breakfast. The good news is it tasted GREAT this morning and was nice and moist.

So, there you have it!

Happy 8th Anniversary Baby!

Happy 38th Birthday Mark!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails