Friday, March 4, 2011

Pay it Forward

Once a week or so (okay... who am I kidding...more often TWICE a week) I indulge and treat myself to a 1/2 caf medium latte at Caribou. Today is Friday. This morning I decided it has been a long week and I DESERVED a latte. (okay... no one DESERVES a latte). Actually, I decided I had EARNED a latte. I am struggling to keep on my toes and ahead of the game at my new job. I remain very happy with my move, but am surely challenged in new ways, and learning a lot, quickly.

Anyway, today in the drive thru at my local Caribou, the lady in the car in front of me payed it forward. You got it. My drink was COMPLIMENTARY by the guest ahead of me.


Oh my gosh, I felt like I won the lottery! I was giddy, and expressed this whole heartedly to the barista.

I did NOT pay it forward for the next person in line. I broke the chain (if there was one). The truth is, the lady in front of me made me sooo happy, I wanted to keep her gift for myself. Passing it on to the person behind me would have taken away my treat. I have decided this wasn't selfish, because the person in front of me achieved their goal to please someone else 100% on their purchase for ME.

I do plan to pay it forward for someone behind me in the future.

THANK YOU anonymous lady! You made my morning. Mission accomplished.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails