Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Two Year Check Up

Kelly and I took the Twinners to their two year check up with our favorite pediatrician, Dr. W-N, yesterday afternoon. I was so excited to see her. Dr W-N now has 8 month old twins of her own. She was on bed rest or leave since the kiddos 15 and 18 month appointments... so it has been a long time. "Dr. Elisse" has taken care of Marly and Dean since their first doctor's visit on a Sunday, on their 6th day of life. When we left the hospital on Friday after their birth, the hospital pediatrician made us schedule a Sunday appointment for a weight check at the urgent care clinic. We lucked out, as the pediatrician assigned to Urgent Care that day was her. She was on my radar as our clinic pediatrician pick upon recommendations from my Mother's of Multiples club.

I recall a visit early on where she said, "I don't know why, but I have a lot of twins in my practice." I said, "I know why, the local M.O.M's Club talks you up." Anyway, Dr W-N confessed she was also excited to see us on Tuesday. She claims we are one of her favorite twin families, which is quiet on honor I think.

Marly and Dean are fine. Both again weigh in the same at almost, but not quite, 27 pounds. Once again, Dean is over two inches longer then Marly. (Deaner is quite the skinny boy). Both have good growth chart curves. We'll just let the percentages go. I will say Dean has a really small head though! Kelly and I filled out the Autism assessment, which had no red flags, despite that fact that Dean enjoys stacking dish towels happily for probably an hour on many days, meticulously flattening each corner.

I was worried they don't eat enough (despite their steady growth). Dr W-N confirmed something I already knew deep down... I probably let them drink too much milk. Naturally, at two years we will now be switching to 2% as well. She did suggest I have the Early Childhood Assessment Team from the county come out and follow up to a visit I requested when Marly and Dean were 18 month. They do not put two words together yet.

Anyway, Dr. W-N wrapped up the appointment by asking a twin mommy question of her own - Did I have a double stroller and which one? Somehow this woman has managed her twins and a 3 year old with NO Duo-glide or snap-n-go for the carriers. My goodness! How would I have managed without my Duo-glide?!For newer readers, you can check out my blog on their 15 month appointment where I mention my beloved Duo-glide.

As we departed and exited past her office, I also alerted her when her duo need shoes, Stride Right has a 10% twins discount.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails