Monday, March 30, 2009

Mr. 'Bou

On Friday, I purchased my last cup of coffee from my husband at the SLP location of Caribou Coffee.

After less then one year as a store manager at Caribou, Mark has been promoted to the corporate Caribou Coffee store location, beginning this morning at 6 AM. He is excited for the new experience and challenge. This location (connected to the headquarters) is intended to become the company's flagship store. Potential products and marketing concepts will be tested out, under Mark's direction.

I can understand why Mark was invited to apply for the job. Mark lives the Caribou image. When there is a new promotion, Mark is on board, cheering on his staff, hoping for success in each new opportunity. He appreciates and enjoys the company, respects the rules and policies, and appears to thrive at it. It was no surprise to his coffee loving wife that he was selected for the job.

Mr. 'Bou - I am so proud of you!!!!

The most humorous (or ironic) thing about the man I lovingly refer to as "Mr 'Bou" - Mark still doesn't like plain old drip brew coffee (although he can expound upon each kind of bean, and the undertones you can note in the aroma and taste!).

He has learned to enjoy my favorite Caribou indulgence though, a Breve (espresso with steamed half and half)... but he adds a vanilla flavor shot, which makes it taste a bit like a pancake.

*I did take a photo of Mark on Friday morning, but my camera cord to upload is malfuncting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Mark! Mr. Bou sounds like the start of a scantily-clad barista calendar. :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! That is wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails