Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Celebration!

I am flying off to Orlando for our Children's Miracle Network Celebration at Disney World on Thursday, returning Sunday. This will be my second year attending the event to honor our CMN sponsors. This year I am most excited about our Champion Child attending to represent the State of Minnesota and Gillette. His name is Brandon, he is 12, and has Cerebral Palsey. I have known him and his family since my third day at work. I truly love this family and am so excited for their adventure. Last Friday, a "kick off" was held for Brandon at his local Walmart. Walmart nationally sponsors the trip for kids from all 50 states. It was a great morning for everyone who attended, including Miss Minnesota, Mary the Mayor, individuals from the Walmart Marketing Office, the Transportation Center and store staff. It was even covered on KARE 11. Brandon's family will enjoy Disney and the Celebration...then the "Champions" from the various hospitals will depart on a specially charted Delta flight for Washington D.C., where they are expected to meet President Obama!

3 comments:

britta said...

Have a good time! :-)

Anonymous said...

Have a good time and hope all is good. You will have to bring the kids back some mouse ears.

Cindy

Jim Sanborn said...

Brandon was my next-door neighbor when he was first born. Seeing him on the news on his trip was very VERY cool! I'm so glad CMN gives kids these opportunities.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails