Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Fun

Mark was out of town this past weekend visiting a friend, so the babes and I were on our own for Easter. Here is a recap of the day's activities.

We had a lovely trip HOME for Easter. (Someday I will post a blog about my definition of HOME, but not today). Dean made sure to wake me bright and early on Easter morning. With no need for an alarm, I was busy dressing and doing my hair at 6 AM. I had loaded the car and carefully layed out all of our clothes the night before. At 6:30 I began dressing the kids, and we were on the road just before 7 AM to pick up my Dad and head to Hector. (Of course there was a quick stop at the Caribou drive thru). We were early to church in Hector. My dear Aunt Toot's was arriving at the same time. She kindly shuttled a bare legged, Easter dress clad Marly inside for me. Meanwhile, Dad and I gathered up Dean and the necessary stuff to keep them occupied in church. Thanks to the help of Kris, Marissa, Toots, Barb and Charlie, and Dad, both Marly and Dean were pretty quite in church. Okay... Marly was quite, Dean was a squirmy wormy. What a blessing family is! To my family, I THANK YOU for your help.

Next we were on to dinner at Aunt Jan's and Uncle Sheldon's. Everything was delicious, but I will tell you the best part is the the gift of time with family. Because the ride out and church was generally uneventfull, surely blunders would follow. First, Dean kicked a wine glass on the counter top, setting it sailing on a crash course. Sorry Aunt Jan! Next, my kids could be defined as "good eaters" at dinner. What this really means is they got food all over the floor. Sorry Aunt Jan! The last debacle was all Mommy's fault. Everyone and everything was safely loaded into the car around 3:30 PM to head back to the cities. I began to back out the Pacifica. I THINK I am backing onto/toward the road... but NO... I am backing over a shrub, onto the lawn, and into the snow. I need to be pushed out by several men. YES, I am a bad driver! Sorry Jan and Sheldon... Will you please still invite me back (even though I also didn't even offer to bring something)! THANK YOU Jan and Sheldon for a wonderful Easter gathering. THANK YOU to everyone who helped to take care of Marly and Dean.

We all arrived home safely and without further incidents, and Mark arrived a short time later. You would think Marly and Dean would have been at the end of their ropes by this time, being up early and generally lacking good naps. I am THANKFUL for their good natures. Mark walked in the door and they smiled with delight. I am THANKFUL Mark is such a good daddy.

All around, we clearly had a very enjoyable Easter. I hope all of you had an wonderful Easter too. I admit, I neglected to take a single photo. I did notice Laura snapping away when I got the car stuck at Jan's! I will be staging a photo "redo" with the kids next Sunday when they wear their Easter attire again.

2 comments:

Mary in MN said...

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the funny account of your Easter! Sounds like you had a lot of fun (and the babies!). I bet your family loved every minute of having them!

Also, my definition of home has definitely changed since my father passed away in 1999. I have had to make "home" a place in the heart rather than a physical place. Although now, after having a family and being married for 10 years, I know we a pretty good feeling of what home is all about :).

Anonymous said...

andrea--- i read your lily blog today and it made me smile--thank you. and yes, i do remember the pop-up jesus, i'm sure i managed to do something inappropriate with it as a child

--amy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails