I like going home to my small town days in Hector - Corn Chaff Days.
This July I convinced Mark to join me.
Then a green one.
Melberg's prefer green.
Green suits us better!
- I love Hector Days because I love spending time with my cousins, aunts and uncles, as well as running into old neighbors, friends and classmates
- I love catching up and I love hanging out.
- I love my kids catching candy at the same parade I caught candy.
- I love Marly and Dean running around outside with Sutton, Saxton, and Sawyer (Better known as "The 3 S's" at our house). I love Marly and Dean playing with farm cats.
- I love my cousin Mariah babysitting the whole lot so Matt, Shylah, Mark and I can go into the band in town. I love hanging out and talking into the wee hours of the night and laughing and laughing at Michelle and Chads.
Family is good. Home is good.
We don't need to make it to Corn Chaff days every year, but it remains and easy excuse to just "be" with family.
Thank you Matt & Shylah for hosting us.
Thank you Mariah for babysitting.
Thank you Michelle and Chad for chauffeuring us and outfitting us in your yard for the parade!