Monday, April 30, 2012

The Whole 30 in Review

I just realized I never posted any sort of wrap up to the Whole 30 diet Mark and I took up for 30 days. We completed the "diet" on Tuesday, April 17th (just 5 days before the hospital gala I coordinate).  I continued to eat Whole 30 until Friday. On Friday I was at the Northland Inn until after 10 pm setting up with our two fabulous event co-chairs. I drank wine and ate chicken wings and calamari. The wine was fine. The food was so so.  I would have prefered something else...

Saturday I ate Godfather's Pizza, since that is what I ordered for the Crystal Ball set up volunteers. It was okay, but felt all around too doughy for me. It was my first encounter with cheese and bread for more then 30 days. I didn't get sick, but I didn't feel great either. Since then, I have endulged in dessert one day at lunch. I have had a burger and fries too. I took the kids for donut's at Jack's on Friday and we re-engaged in Thomberg Family Pizza night.

So here is the end result on April 17th.
  • Mark lost 20 pounds!
  • Andrea lost 10 pounds.
Where do we go from here?
  • I have continued to eat a mostly "paleo" diet.
  • I eat limited dairy.
  • I am back to my 'Bou latte fixes (with skim milk).
  • I  had a cheeseburger and fries when Dad took us to the Galaxy Drive in last week.
  • I have drank beer, wine, and so forth.
  • I have taken back a pound or two.
  • Overall, I plan to continue to eat in this manner in the future when I can.
  • I liked the diet.
  • Many of the things I learned are becoming habit for Mark and I.
  • I feel very good about the diet.
  • I had an intense desire for DQ yesterday, and it was tasty.
  • Mark and I will totally continue with our protien and heathy fat breakfasts.
Did we cheat on the Whole 30?
  • Mark and I shared a small popcorn at the movies for Mark's birthday
  • I ate a piece of a cookie on Easter
  • I ate a rather large slice of POPPYSEED CAKE that I baked for my Dad for his Birthday in April. We served it after dinner at Lola's in Waconia, where we met family on a Sunday evening. It was DE-LISH. There was NO WAY I was going to pass it up. I also licked the batter when I baked it.
New Recipes we will continue to make
  • Salty Fudge Bombs
  • Chicken drummies seasoned and baked on high heat until crisp
  • Chinese 5 spice ribs in the crock pot
  • Vegetable marinara sauce
  • My green breakfast smoothies
Things that are now a staple in my pantry
  • Coconut milk
  • Avocado oil
  • raw shredded coconut
  • Kambuchi drink
  • Salsa with no sugar added
  • Avocados
That's about all folks. Carry on....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails