Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Whole 30 - In the house

Mark and I are more than 1/2 way through the Whole 30. I thought I would share some of the foods and products you will find in our house.

In the Refrigerator
black and green olives, ghee, left overs of all sorts, medjool dates and figs, fruits and vegetables (blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, tomatoes, peppers, green beans, asparagus, kale, spinach, etc), salsa (no sugar added), coconut milk, Kumbucha, organic eggs from Costco, milk for the kids, lemon juice, sunbutter, coconut aminos, and more.

In the Pantry

Coconut oil, vinegars, olive oil, avocado oil, olives, raw sunflower seeds, raw almonds, walnuts, tomatoes, dried coconut flakes (no sugar added), spices, and more.


On the Counter


Avocados,apples, mangoes, ginger, shallots, garlic, lemons, sweet potatoes, onions, and more.

In the Crockpot


Chinese 5-spice rubbed pork ribs, pot roast, and more.

In the Oven


Brussel sprouts baked and browned until crispy with olive oil and sea salt, green beans, asparagus, kale chips, and more.


On the Table


Mashed sweet potatoes, mashed cauliflower (instead of potatoes) and more.

Turkey sliders with apples and walnuts, home made guacamole, chicken fajitas wrapped in lettuce, fried eggs or scrambled eggs most mornings, moracan chicken, coconut shrimp, and more.


On the internet

Googling for recipes and info on products, often linking through the Whole 30 site.

Just a little glimpse.


Not pictured - My blender/food processor I use to mash vegetables, make soup, or whip up "green" smoothies for breakfast. You never quite know what is going to end up in my morning smoothies. It is always a mystery, but usually involves a fruit or vegetable on the verge of wilt! I have really taken to the smoothies as an outstanding source of vitamins in the AM. I actually like them. Mark acts like he is gagging every morning at breakfast, and prefers the fat and protien portion of the meal.


Not pictured - Me reading labels at the grocery store, looking for added sugar and etc. Mark and I making a Whole Foods run for cocunut aminos, sunflower seed butter, and more.


Not pictured - Me eating my tasty carrot soup at lunch, that I made from the left over carrots from Sunday's pot roast.


Not pictured - My kids asking for MORE strawberry and celery smoothie as a bedtime snack. Yup, mommy hid those veggies real good. They ate it in place of the yogurt they requested. They also munched on kale chips with me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails