Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter Everybody!

We had a wonderful Easter Sunday! The Easter Bunny brought Marly and Dean the 'Mr. Potato Head' Bunny and left eggs scattered around our living area. We went to church, came home, and got photos of the kids in their Easter attire. We had dinner at Brett and Rachel's and then an Easter egg hunt.

There were simply too many delightful images to share in one post, so I thought I would include family photos now and save the Easter egg hunt for later this week.

At Brett and Rachel's.

Looking for ducks at the pond bordering our townhome!


Marly seems to love to wear dresses!


Marly and Dean were nibbling on the bread I had in case the ducks were out!

I have many of my own Easter memories of childhood and many, many photos of Brett and I dressed in our Easter finery standing in front of the Easter egg tree mom would force from a honeysuckle shoot in a decorated coffee can of sand and water every year. The eggs hanging on the tree were hand blown and decorated by my mom. I can't wait to force a branch and get them out for Marly and Dean, hopefully next year.
Of course, my mom made me a new ruffly dress every year and I had new white patent leather shoes and a white shawl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You all look very nice.

How great it was to be outside

Love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Oh that was me Cindy, forgot my name!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails