Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Anniversary Baby! Happy Birthday too.

Yesterday Mark and I (A.K.A The Thomberg's) celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. Today Mark celebrates his 36 birthday. Coincidence? Not a chance!

Many years back, on New Year's Eve at a beautiful dress up dinner party, each friend went around in a circle and proclaimed their resolution for the year ahead . Everyone was surprised when Mark publicly professed his New Year's resolution was to propose to me. Indeed he did at a weekend get-a-way to the north shore in March (2002). Once I got the diamond, Mark made something very clear - He intended to be married by his 30th birthday on April 6th, 2003. If I was going to be his blushing bride, I better be marching down the aisle before this milestone occurred.

Perhaps I like to push the limits with my significant other. As luck would have it April 5th,2003 was a SATURDAY! I quickly decided no other day could be better for us. At midnight, six years ago, our wedding guests took a brief break from their dancing and drinking to sing 'Happy Birthday' to Mark. Matron-of-Honor Gretchen even did a breathy Marylin Monroe /JFK version for the groom. I recall my happy husband giddy and ecstatic exclaiming (in his somewhat disheveled, sweaty tux) he had never had so many people to sing to him.

Anyway - Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday Baby!

(I did call and leave Mark a singing VM this morning, but I pretty much stink at that. I could call and beg Gretch to do a VM of the breathy version for him...except it would be pretty wierd to have my best friend do this when not primed with liqueur!)


Photo recap coming from brunch yesterday...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails