Our Camp Site needs
- State Park most user friendly and affordable
- A bit removed from the bathrooms.
- Tree cover.
- Some seclusion from other campers.
- Near town, activities, and supplies.
- Not too far away in general.
- MUST have a swimming beach for the kids.
- Electricity a plus.
- Available Tuesday through the weekend.
Our campsite had two tents, a pop up by the picnic table,
coolers, a mini fridge, and a fan in each tent.
We always ate breakfast and lunch from our supplies, and mixed it up for the dinner meal.
We grilled, picked up pizza one night after a long, very fun day at Wild Mountain, and had a great meal out at the Brookside Bar and Grill at Marine on St Croix on Saturday.
90 degrees plus = water, water and more water.
(or even a late afternoon showing of Brave at the air conditioned movie theater.)
Molly deVries and her boys joined us at the beach Friday afternoon.
The men were "invited" to join us for the weekend.
Saturday we headed to Interstate Park in Taylors Falls.
The trip was a success!
We are already talking about next years destination.
As our kids grow, we want them to cherish when "the moms took us camping".