Monday, July 28, 2008

SHARE Mommy please!

Disclaimer - My blog is also my way of cataloging and capturing Marly & Dean's history. Some posts may be boring, and simply contain UPDATES for posterity.

Sunday evening, I had my first real experience with Marly & Dean and an issue of jealousy for Mommy. M & D have been known to fight over toys. Dean will take something from Marly and she will SCREAM and stomp her little feet up and down and try and grab it back. Well last night, Marly didn't want to SHARE MOMMY. I have never had this experience before. Neither of my children have ever been clingy. Actually, I had even spent the entire day with Marly sans Dean. We had been to Gretchen's for one of those home party events to sell the latest craze product of the moment (this particular party was for Upper Case Living). Dean and Mark had stayed home. Last evening, Marly wanted to sit on my lap when we were on the floor. We were playing and Dean came over to join us. He sat down on my other knee. Marly looked at him coldly. She was having NONE of THAT. NO BROTHER!!!! MARLY ONLY!

She screeched at him (her best method of wordless communication at 17 months), then she pushed him, then again, then she poked him. Her message was clear! GET OFF MOMMY'S LAP. SHE'S MY MOMMY! Later she pulled his hair. I am embarrassed to report it was mildly entertaining to watch this behavior. Of course I tried to stop her and change her manners. All the while, Mark is like, "What am I... Chopped liver???"

On a development note - Dean can now stack blocks in a tower. He is so proud of himself when he gets them six or seven high. Marly likes to take them off one at a time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute story.

Cindy

britta said...

I love how it says I am now from Forbes, MN....that is like in the middle of nowhere, at least before it said I was in Duluth...a little off in distance, but Forbes is like in the woods!!! ha ha!

Anyways....super cute story, that would have been a good America's Funniest Home Video!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails