Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Happy Halloween 2014

So you all know I am kind of disorganized - Right? 
You know - I basically fly by the seat of my pants. 
It gets done, but barely. 

(Um, Yah... That is me)

So - Of course the day before Halloween, on a break from work Thursday,  I was scrambling to get to the Party Place, Michael's Craft, Target, Savers and Good Will for the supplies needed for the empending holiday, not 24 hours away. 
 
(By the way, I volunteered to provide the craft and help at Dean's school Fall Party.)

That evening, after eating the fried chicken dinner I grabbed at Festival and finishing up homework, we finally carved our pumpkins!
Did I mention I offered to host a neighborhood gathering at our home after trick-or-treating???
  • But we hadn't been to Costco yet,
  • And we hadn't swept our dirty garage, which would be used for the party,
  • And the house was a mess,
  • And we needed to get tables out!

Oh, and I had hoped to take a full day of PTO on Friday, but the moment you plan for such is the day a meeting cannot be avoided!

Some how, some way, I arrived at school on time for the Fall Party, with craft in hand. I even managed to change into my leopard/kitty costume in the car on the drive over.

(Don't worry, I asked Dean's permission before his helper mom showed up dressed as a kitty cat)
(Yes, I had to drive with out my seat belt to do this)

 Some how, some way, the neighborhood Halloween gathering Friday night went off with out a hitch!

 (or at least I THINK it did.  I started "sipping" red wine while the kids were trick or treating with the neighbors as Mark and I SCURRIED to set up the party)

With neighborhood assistance, there was hot apple cider, orange punch, bobbing for apples, chicken wings, chili cheese dip and snacks, and a fire pit with hay bales.

(There are no photos because my hands were full holding the plastic wine cup)
Any then there was this smiling Gopher's Cheerleader - Miss Marly!

She had to remind us last year she was too sick to trick or treat. How could we forget our fear last fall before she was diagnosed and recovered from HSP!

***Costume Credit/What we wore***

Marly requested to be a Gopher's Cheerleader. Mark googled and found a Nike minature uniform on line for $45. NO WAY JOSE! I totally lucked out. I found the exact same uniform on E-bay for $12.95 including shipping. I ordered pom poms from Amazon and her shoes are from Wal-Mart.

Dean is a mummy. His costume is made of grey long johns from Walmart and a white sheet ripped into strips. To make the costume, I used fabric glue to attach the strips while Dean wore the long johns. BEWARE - when the glue dried, I had LITERALLY mummified Dean!!! He couldn't get the costume off or on. We did some ripping, cutting and stitching and were back in business. He wore black knock off Chuck Taylor's from Walmart on his feet, and I made him a headpiece with a handkerchief and sheet strips attached.

I was a leopard/cat and wore a leopard print dress with wide bell sleeves from Target via Good Will and a half price tag sale. I put on leggings with brown boots a black kitty ear headband. There are no photos.

Mark did not wear a costume. We ran out of time, because I am disorganzied and fly by the seat of my pants!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails