Friday, December 19, 2008

Gratitude - Day 26

Thursday/Day 26 - 'Tis the season! Today I will give thanks and express gratitude for my Dad. I am an adult, and he remains a world class parent. He and my mom showered me with love, gave me a good foundation of morals and values, disciplined me, gave me confidence, taught me about consequences, and lived their lives in a way that was a positive example to me and Brett. When I reflect on my Dad, I have this subtle knowledge he has quietly given generously to others in his life (not counting Brett and I of course). I think of this especially at Christmas. I hope I can parent like he parents. I am thankful for his calm and supportive demeanor and constant presence in my life and Brett's life, and now the lives of Marly and Dean.

This post is prompted by nothing in particular. I have not even talked to my dad today... but that is the point of gratitude... it just is.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails