Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What are the Thomberg's up to?

Tuesday I am taking an afternoon of PTO to drop in on new mom Jenny and bring another meal their way.

Wednesday, I also have PTO from work. I am taking Dean to the Dr (ear check post infection). Later I am taking myself to the Dr (wound check). In between and after I will be packing and prepping for a trip to Lutsen.

On Thursday, the Thomberg's are delighted to be heading Up North to meet Dad and Chris at Lutsen/Tofte at Bluefin Bay Resort. Yippy - a few days away! As a child, my family went up to Lutsen almost yearly. We were often joined by Barb & Charlie Melberg, Brad, Mark and Tracy. Other years my cousin, Kris Hintze Naab, was recruited to entertain Brett and I. I have this vague memory of her reading those V.C. Andrews books and telling us the creepy story at night in our room downstairs. We dubbed Kris "cousin Inga". Can't quite recall why... something to do with a greater story we created of ourselves. We always stayed in the same town home unit at Caribou Highland. We ate out, we ate in, we hiked, we headed to the Temperance River, the Oberg Loop, Split Rock Lighthouse or Canada, we rode the alpine slide, we trekked to Grand Maria and the Trading Post, we saw bears, etc. It was an expected vacation we enjoyed every year basically.

Anyway, on Thursday morning after I feed and dress the kids, I plan to strap them in their Britax and depart.... by myself (current plan... never know what may change). Gretch has borrowed me her car DVD player for the 'tods'. I am armed with "Baby Einstein". I hope the five hour cruise goes smoothly. Logistically, I am already thinking about how I will go to the bathroom, where to stop to eat something, if I should treat the kids to McD's happy meals or have cut grapes, turkey, and yogurt ready for a lunch, etc.

Mark will depart the MOMENT he is done with his Caribou corporate meeting in the afternoon. Because he has no idea when he will be done, we felt it best I get moving with the kids instead of waiting and waiting. At the moment, he has little control over his schedule at Caribou. I can't wait 'til my gimpy husband gets there too! Dad/Grandpa has already proposed a lunch at Cascade Lodge and an afternoon in Grand Marais. Mark is revved up to take the kids to Ben Franklin! We want to eat at the Angry Trout. Am I dreaming to think maybe Mark and I have a dinner alone in our future, with Dad and Chris watching the 'tods'??? Unfortunately, I think I am the only one actually physically able to hike this year!

2 comments:

britta said...

Have a great time at Lutsen! If I wasn't so swamped with homework all week(last week of the summer session) I would venture that way to say hello! Hope the gimp is doing well, and your battle wound also! Come visit Giants Ridge again sometime too...I could babysit! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Have a great time. Drive safe.

Hoping you get that dinner alone with Mark.

Lots of love and can not wait to see the pictures.

Love Cindy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails